Ten years ago, I almost committed suicide, but when I made it through, I never looked back. Ever since then, lifting and exercise have been a crucial element of my recovery.
I started out the stereotypical 140 lb. skinny weakling; today I weigh in at 230. I specialize not only in coaching clients on their fitness, but also in coaching them to adopt productive and healthy lifestyles.
My focus with my clients is always to help them move better, get stronger, and build muscle. I believe in helping people become the strongest version of themselves. With years of practical and theoretical experience under my belt, I always do everything I can to ensure my clients see the results they’re looking for. -Adam Fisher
- 4 years personal training, working with hundreds of clients in a variety of settings (one-on-one, group, athletic, elderly, women)
- 2 years online coaching
- Internship, Westside Barbell
- Strength Coach to 22 Athletics/966 Crossfit, first male CrossFit box in Saudi Arabia
- ACE Personal Trainer
- ACE Mind/Body Exercise Specialist
Over 10 years of lifting and exercise in a variety of styles, including bodybuilding, powerlifting, and running.
“I worked for three months with Adam as a personal trainer this summer and had a great time. My goal was to learn how to use weights and how to build muscle groups. Adam was a great trainer. He was personable, knowledgable, and fun to be around. He pushed me when I needed to be pushed and understands when the body needs to rest to prevent injury. I never felt uncomfortable nor embarrassed by how I was doing during the training sessions. By the end of the three months, I had lost four pounds of fat and gained nine pounds of muscle. I look better and feel better. My running regime has also been accelerated by my training sessions. Overall I had a great time and looked forward to each session.” – Chris G
“When I started at the gym, I had a consultation with Adam and I was really surprised at the numbers he told me. I was at 219 lbs. and 23.5% fat. In just 2 shorts months I was down to 208 lbs. and 17.6% body fat, and I was simply astounded. I could not believe that in such a small amount of time I could lose 12 lbs. He is a great trainer, and I have him to thank for the transformation I am seeing in my body today.” – Matt J.
“Last year I was lifting – doing Starting Strength-type programs a few days a week, but felt like I wasn’t making a lot of progress. In the new year, I decided to commit myself to your program and have been really happy with the results. From the start of the program I’ve added more than 100 pounds to my squat and deadlift and have broken personal records on bench and shoulder press. I’ve also managed to run 5 miles at a personal best and will be participating in a 10-mile run at the end of the month. My body weight has not changed and I feel great.” – Nick J
What to Expect
- Initial Skype call or phone call to go over clients goals, limitations, and programming needs
- Completely personalized custom programming, updated weekly with new workouts
- Weekly check-ins to ensure client remains on track
- Diet and lifestyle coaching as needed
- Programming will be periodized to ensure maximum benefit to the client. A variety of periodization styles can be used to fit the client’s needs. Typically, 4-month programming blocks are used to ensure enough variation for consistent improvement.
- Major movements will focus on the primary goals of the client.
- Assistance work is provided, tailored to the individual weaknesses of the client and the areas that they need to improve upon.
- Some form of cardio or conditioning is included: Even for the most strength-oriented client, some cardio is necessary for optimal performance.
- Sets, reps, intensity, and other variables will be modified from week to week to ensure regular progress.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often are check-ins?
This is up to the client and his or her level of willingness. Check-ins occur at least once a week, but the client is encouraged to check in more frequently to ensure proper feedback and consistent motivation and progress. All emails are answered within 24 hours.
How do clients communicate with you?
Communication is done primarily through email. However, if the client feels they need a more detailed answer to a question or want to discuss a topic, phone calls and Skype/video chats are also welcome.
What types of clients do you typically work with?
In my years of experience, I’ve worked with every kind of client under the sun. That said, I work best with clients looking to build muscle, strength, or endurance – people looking to move better and more efficiently. This includes bodybuilders, powerlifters, and general population looking to improve their overall levels of fitness and performance.
What’s your planning process for clients?
Typically, I plan with medium to long term in mind. It’s best if a client commits to at least 4 months at a time, as this enables me to get the best feel for a client and their needs, as well as the ability to employ longer-term block periodization models for the best possible training effect. I like to plan around specific events or target goals so that you have something to shoot for. Based on your goals, time-span for training, and necessary limitations, I aim to create the most effective possible training program for you.